Thursday, December 07, 2006

Record of the Year

  • Be Without You - Mary J. Blige
  • You're Beautiful - James Blunt
  • Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
  • Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
  • Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae

No surprise to see Mary J. Blige, James Blunt, and Gnarls Barkley here, however I am surprised not to see Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous" among the nominees, as well as Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback," which I had predicted would be nominated. Dixie Chicks and Corinne Bailey Rae are both big surprises here, as the songs were not nearly as big as the other three. This is the first nomination in this category for all five artists.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can someone explain Gnarls Barkley to me? What's the big deal?

Anonymous said...

Chris people just like saying the name "Gnarls Barkley". Anyway, I couldn't listen to any of these songs without falling asleep halfway through.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Are you kidding me? Admittedly, "Put Your Records On" is kind of droopy, but "Not Ready to Make Nice?" That's a great song, as is "Crazy," even if Gnarls Barkley is strange. And Robin, I'm fairly certain you like "You're Beautiful," at least you used to.

Anonymous said...

I have nothing to say about any of this.

Anonymous said...

You're right, I do like that song. I am a little sick of it now, so I took it for granted. Don't ever mention that song to Justin, he has a visceral reaction to it.