Monday, December 11, 2006

Q Magazine Best of 2006

Q Magazine has named their best albums of 2006. Here is the top 10, along with their original review ratings:

1. Artic Monkeys – Whetever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not (4)
2. Muse – Black Holes & Revelations (5)
3. Razorlight – Razorlight (5)
4. Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Stadium Arcadium (5)
5. The Killers – Sam’s Town (4)
6. Keane – Under The Iron Sea (4)
7. Bob Dylan – Modern Times (4)
8. Kasabian – Empire (4)
9. Scissor Sisters – Ta-Dah (4)
10. Gnarls Barkley – St Elsewhere (4)

Not too surprising. Some might quibble that they ranked 4-rated Arctic Monkeys above this years three albums to receive 5-ratings, but they've done that before (Keane's 4-rated Hopes and Fears was ranked above Franz Ferdinand in 2004, despite Franz Ferdinand's eponymous debut having been rated a 5). I'm glad to see Keane, The Killers, and Scissor Sisters sophomore albums all made the top 10. It's nice to see Muse at #2. I just got the album, and it is truly great.

It's cool that they did a top 100 this year, instead of just a top 50. Here's where some other albums ranked:

11. The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out
12. Corinne Bailey Rae (self-titled)
14. The Feeling - Twelve Stops and Home
18. Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
23. Pet Shop Boys - Fundamental
26. James Morrison - Undiscovered
35. Orson - Bright Idea
36. Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds
40. The Strokes - First Impressions on Earth
48. Christina Aguilera - Back to Basics
55. Nelly Furtado - Loose
57. Lily Allen - Alright, Still
62. Jamelia - Walk With Me

Here's a the complete list. Be warned that whoever posted this made some spelling and word errors, but it's the best I could find.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Muse should be number one.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I just got that album. I really like. A lot. Wait til you see my year-end list--coming soon!

Unknown said...

I am finalizing my list now. I am also thinking of doing a best singles list.

How awesome is the Muse album????