Thursday, December 07, 2006

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals

  • For Once In My Life - Tony Bennett & Stevie Wonder
  • One - Mary J. Blige & U2
  • Always On Your Side - Sheryl Crow & Sting
  • Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado & Timbaland
  • Hips Don't Lie - Shakira & Wyclef Jean
I predicted three of these - "One," "Promiscuous," and "Hips Don't Lie," - and I should've predicted "Always On Your Side," because that was really obvious (great song too). Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder is the surprise here, as I'm surprised not to see Justin Timberlake & Timbaland's "Sexyback." I hope "Promiscuous" wins, as it should've been a Record of the Year nominee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stevie Wonder made a record this year? Who knew?

Anonymous said...

I don't think Stevie Wonder knew.

I am proud to admit that I love "Hips Don't Lie". Am I wrong, but was this song previously released for a Spanish language artist a couple of years ago? Does that make it eligible?

Cook In / Dine Out said...

In most cases, whether or not a song is new or old doesn't affect its eligibility. Grammy is about performance, so as long as a recording is new and was issued for public sale between the eligiblity period (just over a year, ending sometime in Sept. or Oct.), then it's fair game. Last year, Maroon 5's "This Love" was nominated in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category--which it won--despite having clearly been a 2004 song. How did they pull this off? It was a "live" version, from a 2005 release.

Anonymous said...

Maybe YOU are a live version!