Thursday, December 07, 2006

Best Pop Vocal Album

  • Back to Basics - Christina Aguilera
  • Back to Bedlam - James Blunt
  • The River In Reverse - Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint
  • Continuum - John Mayer
  • FutureSex/LoveSounds - Justin Timberlake
Both Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake are second-time nominees here, and both clearly deserving. I love that James Blunt got nominated, but Elvis Costello? That's the outlier. Not to beat a dead horse, but Nelly Furtado's Loose should've gotten a nod here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Nelly Furtado's label paying you to write this stuff? I mean really, ADH.

Anonymous said...

I think John Mayer is automatically guaranteed to receive a spot if he releases something. If you know what I mean...

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I just think "Promiscuous," the year's biggest hit, deserved better. John Mayer does seem to et more than his fair share. He won Song of the Year and Best Male Pop in 2004 for "Daughters," and Male Pop in 2002 for "Your Body is a Wonderland."

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see a "Celebrity Death Match" between John Mayer's lips and Angelina Joelie's. Just their lips, though.