Thursday, December 07, 2006

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

  • Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera
  • Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
  • You Can Close Your Eyes - Sheryl Crow
  • Stupid Girls - Pink
  • Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
I predicted three of these correctly: Aguilera, Bedingfield, and Tunstall. It's great to see Pink here, who's I'm Not Dead album produced some good singles this year--"Who Knew" and "U + Ur Hand" were great too. Sheryl Crow is a surprise though. "You Can Close Your Eyes" is from Sheryl Crow Artist's Choice Deluxe Edition, which I believe is a Starbucks compilation. It's not a proper single, and it's not even available at iTunes. Interesting that Corinne Bailey Rae gets a Record of the Year nomination, but not a nod here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to why you don't consider a Starbucks compilation to be a proper single. Please explain.

Anonymous said...

I would also like to know.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

It's just kind of annoying that Starbucks gets so much power in the music industry. I've never heard the song, so I can't really comment if it's good or bad--that might be what really got my goat about it. I hope Nat Bedingfield wins.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm more disturbed by the power ADH wields in the music industry. Can I get an amen on that? Anyone? Anyone?

Anonymous said...

Amen. He's turning into a mogul.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

:}