Sunday, December 13, 2009

Joe McElderry Wins The X Factor

The X Factor winner was crowned tonight, and it is 18-year-old Joe McElderry, who beat runner up Olly Murs for the honor. Having never seen the show, nor heard their performances, I didn't quite know what to expect. Last week, I looked up the three finalists out of curiosity, and decided Olly was my favorite based solely on looks.

Miley Cyrus' "The Climb" was chosen as the winner's single, and Joe's version will be out tomorrow, and will surely top the UK singles chart next weekend to become Christmas #1. But honestly, "The Climb?" What a terrible, terrible choice. I never really cared for the song, but I think it's a real tragedy they chose a song which was a hit so recently ("The Climb" hit #11 in the UK 7 months ago).

I just watched both clips on YouTube, and I agree that Joe did better. Check them out yourself.

Joe's version of "The Climb":



Olly's version:

2 comments:

J.Mensah said...

Joe = Leon Jackson.

Best moment of the night was Alexandra and JLS with "Bad Boys in Love" that was just awesome!

Cook In / Dine Out said...

"Joe=Leon Jackson." That makes a lot of sense. Frankly, I don't expect either he or Olly to amount to much, but we'll see. "Bad Boys in Love" sounds really cool. I'll look for it on YouTube.