Saturday, December 12, 2009

Best of 2000s: Black Kids - Partie Traumatic (4.5/5)

Of all the '80s-inspired indie pop/rock albums released at the end of the 2000s, this was my favorite. Partie Traumatic's got great pop hooks and a festive atmosphere, chock full of great songs like the upbeat hit single "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You," loneliness-fueled "Hurricane Jane," and the shamelessly retro "I'm Making Eyes at You," which sounds like something from a 1984 high school prom.

Best: Hurricane Jane, I'm Making Eyes at You, I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You, Hit the Heartbrakes, Partie Traumatic

2 comments:

rcLoy said...

I listened to this album last year and was blown away by their lead single, "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend" Still a quirky track, I love the beats and hook, very addictive. And the male lead singer singing this "You are the girl that I've been dreaming of ever since I was a little GIRL" That was something. XD

Cook In / Dine Out said...

This was such a great album. I'll be interested to hear what the band does next.