Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Listening to...

Hello. I was on vacation for a long weekend at the beach. It was lovely and now, tragically, it's back to work. But on the brightside, it's also back to blogging!

Here's what I'm listening to and loving these days:

Dizzee Rascal - Holiday. I can't imagine "dance rap" will ever catch on in the US. Pity, for this is really quite a fun song. I love the synth line and especially when the song gets really clubby at the end.



Sugababes - Get Sexy. My partner thinks this song is quite ridiculous. It is, of course, but that doesn't mean I'm not listening to it like 5x a day. More fun than "Girls," and definitely sounds like a play to pick up some Pussycat Dolls slack.



Ready for the Weekend - Calvin Harris. Yet another very fun late summer smash from the UK. If only I could figure out the lyric--"I'm gonna buy shoes, and I'm ready for the weekend?" That's what it sounds like to me.



Million Dollar Bill - Whitney Houston. Whitney's back! This song is great. I love the retro '70s sound.



Paloma Faith - New York. I just listened to this for the first time and really loved it. It's quite pretty; definitely better than "Stone Cold Sober" (which I liked too).

4 comments:

John said...

LOVE Paloma. She's 2 for 2 on singles in my book.

A1 said...

wow!
the first 3 are on high rotation for me too.. but i especially can't get enough of "Holiday" it just builds and builds into a massive euphoric explosion!
whitney is sweet too:)

Myfizzypop said...

it's starting to really bug me, the different size youtube videos there are now wrecking blogger pages (not that your pages are wrecked, and i'm not bugged at you! Oh all that came out wrong!!) Anyway good choices - i think Get Sexy only really sounds great played loud in a pub or club so I like it when I hear it there. Loving the Whit.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

John - Yes! I hope the album is good.

A1 - Holiday is quite a lot of fun. I'm actually looking forward to Dizzee Rascal's album, and he's not an artist I've been interested in before.

Paul - I went into the html formatting and corrected it by changing the width size (has to be done in two places). It's been annoying me too, and your comment finally sparked me to take action.