Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Listening to...

...Lots of albums this week. I picked up Bruno Mars' debut, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, and I'm pleased to say it's really quite good. Additionally, I'm listening to three albums released earlier this year that I didn't get when they came out: 1) James Taylor and Carole King's Live at the Troubadour, which is mostly covers of their classic songs, but hey, they made great songs, 2) Eminem's Recovery, which I have to avoid listening to at work because of the profanity, and while I'm not ready to say I love it, it's better than I expected, but it demands a close listen, and 3) Black Keys' Brothers, a great blues rock album, a genre I know little of besides White Stripes.

Expect a Bruno Mars review this weekend, and since it's a 3-day weekend, I hope to review at least one of these other three...probably Taylor & King.

No comments: