Sunday, October 17, 2010

53rd Annual Grammy Awards: Dance and electronic submissions

Best Electronic/Dance Album

Frontrunners: With Lady GaGa over in pop, this is open for someone else to win this year. How about La Roux's self-titled debut? That looks good to me. Robyn also submitted both Body Talk Pt. 1 and Pt. 2, although I think only one can be nominated, so I'd give the edge to Pt. 1. Kelis's Flesh Tone and Goldfrapp's Head First, look good here too. and

Other contenders: The Chemical Brothers' Further, Little Boots' Hands, 3Oh!3's Streets of Gold.

Best Dance Recording

Frontrunners: Hard to say this year. I suppose Robyn's "Dancing on My Own" and Rihanna's "Only Girl (In the World)." Mike Posner's "Cooler than Me," Kelis' "Acapella" and La Roux's "In for the Kill" should be there too. But don't count out David Guetta for "Gettin' Over You."

Other contenders: Lady GaGa's "Dancing in the Dark," which wasn't a single, but was submitted (and is a great one), Goldfrapp's "Rocket," Yolanda Be Cool's "We No Speak Americano," M.I.A.'s "XXXO," and Christina Aguilera's "Not Myself Tonight."

Note: Don't look for Kylie's "All the Lovers," since it wasn't submitted.

No comments: