Friday, October 22, 2010

Black Eyed Peas new single, "The Time"

Well, I guess this is really happening. I had my doubts that Black Eyed Peas would actually release a new album before the end of the year, but now the first single from The Beginning is out. It's called "The Time (The Dirty Bit)," and makes liberal use of the melody from Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes' 1987 #1 hit from Dirty Dancing, "(I've Had) The Time of My Life." It's quite clubby, and it's nice to hear Will.I.Am push their sound in an edgier direction (while he continues to produce songs for others that sound a lot like stuff he's done before).

2 comments:

rcLoy said...

I heard it yesterday and was thinking to myself, "They're back? I still need my long break from all the BBP and IGF mania." And this is not exactly fresh or original. Hm, they're still gonna sell buck loads of this as usual, right?

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Yes, I imagine they will do just fine, although it would be unlikely that it will do as well as The END, since that was extraordinary.