Saturday, November 08, 2008

Mariah Carey "I Stay in Love"

Can Mariah Carey get back on track? I'm hoping so with the latest release from her album E=MC². While the album's first single "Touch My Body" was a major hit, its follow-ups--"Bye Bye" and "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"--were not. "I Stay in Love" is a great single--a simple, melodic pop ballad. It should have been the second single, but I imagine they chose "Bye Bye" because it sounded more like "We Belong Together" while regrettably overlooking that it wasn't nearly as good. Carey will appear on the UK's The X Factor tonight to perform "I Stay in Love," as well as duet with the contestants on her 1993 hit "Hero," which the X Factor brats are sitting at #1 with in the UK right now. Check out the Vegas-themed video below.


2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

Oh she was just awful on the x factor, but that hasn't diminished my all consuming love for this song. It's adorable and definitely a highlight from her latest album...

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Too bad. Was the "Hero" performance so bad that it was good? I hope this will be a hit for her. I see you have a picture of the ballads collection, which doesn't include anything from her last 3 albums.