Saturday, November 01, 2008

Introducing Alesha Dixon

Alesha Dixon comes from the UK pop girl group Mis-Teeq. While nowhere near as popular as Sugababes or Girls Aloud, the group had a string of top 10 hits early this decade, and even managed to score a top 40 hit in the US with "Scandalous."

Dixon recorded a solo album in 2006 and released a first single "Lipstick" in the UK, which hit #14, but the subsequent single did not chart well, leading to her album never being released except in Japan. She's now recoreded a second album, The Alesha Show, out later this month, featuring big name producers Xenomania, Steve Booker and Stephen Lipson. She's also doing an hour-long promotional, The Alesha Show, airing on ITV November 15.

This is the video for her new single, "The Boy Does Nothing":

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

ITV? lol for someone hu lives in the us you seem to know alot bout the uk... alesha rocks!, "...does nothing" gets played like evry freakin' hour over here

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Do you like it? I just listened to it this morning for the first time. I got the ITV info from Wikipedia. Speaking of ITV--I see the X Factor charity single is on track to be the biggest single of the year. I'm sure you're thrilled.

J.Mensah said...

lol you would think so but i really feard hero being covered i've always wanted it to stay mariahs and yeah i love boy does nothing.... hav u bought pinks fh yet

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I might put Funhouse on my Christmas list. After trips to London and San Francisco this month I'm tapped out. Plus I bought like 6 albums this month, so I've reached my limit.