Sunday, December 07, 2008

Billboard Hot 100, 12/13/2008

1. Single Ladies - Beyoncé
2. Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna

Beyoncé climbs a notch to score her fifth #1 hit, ending T.I.'s 5-week run at #1 with "Live Your Live," which falls to #2. I wouldn't count T.I. out yet completely--his song is still bulleted, and he's returned to #1 after being knocked off by Pink and Britney Spears.

3. If I Were a Boy - Beyoncé
4. Whatever You Like - T.I.

There's a bit of checkerboard on the top of the chart this week with Beyoncé at 1, T.I. at 2, Beyoncé at 3 and T.I. at 4. I'm doubtful that's happened before recently, if ever.

5. Just Dance - Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis

Lady Gaga looks poised to score the first big of 2009; I could see this ascending to #1 just in time for the new year. It's doing especially well at top 40, where it's nice to a see a dance pop artist in the top 10 again.

7. Miss Independent - Ne-Yo

Ne-Yo rebounds with "Miss Independent," up two spots to #7 this week. If it climbs no higher (which it might if he gets a boost from his Grammy nominees), it will be his fifth single to top out at #7 after "Sexy Love," "Closer," his Plies collaboration "Bust It Baby (Part 2)" and his Rihanna duet "Hate that I Love You."

9. Womanizer - Britney Spears

Britney rebounds back into the top 10 with "Womanizer." The single is now top 5 at top 40 radio and still climbing.

10. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

This single's been as high as #6 and returns to the top 10 this week. The light-hearted track is now #1 at top 40 radio. I'm really surprised it's found such a large audience.

15. You Found Me - The Fray

Last week "You Found Me" was the highest debut on the Hot 100 and this week it's the Sales Gainer, up 13 spots to #15.

21. See You in My Nightmares - Kanye West Featuring Lil Wayne

With the release of 808s and Heartbreak last week, Kanye West fans had the opportunity as always to cherry pick tracks and this collaboration with Lil Wayne was an instant favorite--enough to push the track to a #21 debut. Lil Wayne has been an omnipresent presence in the top 40 this year. "See You in My Nightmares" is one of five tracks in the top 40 this week he appears on. He's now appeared in the top 40 on 14 different tracks this year.

No comments: