Tuesday, January 05, 2010

United State of Pop

Months ago I posted about a mashup of Annie Lennox songs created by DJ Earworm. Now he's created a mix of the biggest hits of 2009 called "United State of Pop (Blame It On the Pop)," which has become a real sensation. It's currently #49 at top 40 radio and moving up fast. It will be interesting to see how high it goes. It seems like the kind of thing that probably got a lot of play this week, but probably won't after that. Still it's quite fun and quite well done.

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

I've been trying to get this on my ipod for days now. I'm looking for somewhere to download it but I can't find anywhere.

Love new layout. I wanted to change mine but it says I have to upgrade my template but if I do that all my sidebar info will be lost :(

rcLoy said...

New layout!!! :)
BTW I posted this video as my last post for 09, what a good way to end the year with a great mash up song.
J: I think you can download it for free
http://djearworm.com/united-state-of-pop-2009-blame-it-on-the-pop.htm

Myfizzypop said...

United States of Pop would actually be a great name for a pop band!!

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Billboard seems to have taken to it. There's an article about it where they point out how much fun it is, even though they didn't "commission" it. United States of Pop would be a good band name. I'm surprised it's not already taken (it very well could be).