Monday, January 18, 2010

Lady Antebellum "Need You Now"

Get ready for the next big country crossover act. Lady Antebellum's single "Need You Now," the first release from their forthcoming second album of the same name (out January 26), is #44 and rising fast at top 40 radio. I'm interested in their album now, and their crossover potential was first brought to my attention by John, who predicted last month they'd cross over after performing this during the CMAs.

The group's first eponymous release came out in April 2008 and was a big country hit, particularly the song "I Run to You," which was a country #1 and is a Grammy nominee for best country song and best country performance by a duo or group. Last year they were nominated for best new artist.

3 comments:

John said...

Three months later, and I still love this song. Every once in a while I get a prediction right.

Myfizzypop said...

I've been intruiged by the group for a while now thanks to John, so I really should invest some more time in them rather than the odd Youtube play of their music!!

rcLoy said...

I kinda dig it, I like the fact there are female and male vocal in the song.