Monday, January 25, 2010

Boyzone "Gave It All Away"

You might want to grab a tissue before you watch Boyzone's new video, "Gave It All Away." It was recorded before Stephen Gately's death, but the band used the video as an opportunity to make a tribute to him. It's heartfelt and appears quite genuine. The song, which features a gentle reggae beat, was written by Mika. I can't embed the video, but just click on the link above to see it. The song is the first single from a new Boyzone album, as yet untitled, due out in March.

3 comments:

Tom Q Public said...

What a nice little song, and a really touching video. Some people might call it maudlin, but I think it's a lovely little tribute indeed. I'm already looking forward to the album!

-T

Myfizzypop said...

i'm not a big fan of the video but i do love the track. It's quite lovely :)

rcLoy said...

I love the song, the 1st line really got me. "I will learn to live before I die"
Hm, they will never be the same again~