Thursday, October 15, 2009

Janet Jackson's Greatest Hits

Not wanting to be outdone by Madonna, Janet Jackson is set to release her own 2-CD career-spanning greatest hits collection on November 17 titled "Number Ones" in the US and "Janet Jackson: The Best" elsewhere (I guess because she hasn't had as many #1s outside the states--including NEVER having hit #1 in the UK).

Janet Jackson's Web site has the tracklist for the set, which includes a number of fantastic inclusions, most notably her top 10 1987 hit "Diamonds" (with Herb Alpert), which did not appear on a Janet Jackson album or her 1995 hits collection.

Disc 1
1. What Have You Done for Me Lately
2. Nasty
3. When I Think of You
4. Control
5. Let's Wait Awhile
6. The Pleasure Principle
7. Diamonds (with Herb Alpert)
8. Miss You Much
9. Rhythm Nation
10. Escapade
11. Alright
12. Come Back to Me
13. Black Cat
14. Love Will Never Do
15. The Best Things in Life Are Free (with Luther Vandross)
16. That's the Way Love Goes

Disc 2

1. If
2. Again
3. Because of Love
4. Any Time, Any Place
5. Scream (with Michael Jackson)
6. Runaway
7. Got 'til It's Gone (with Joni Mitchell & Q-Tip)
8. Together Again
9. I Get Lonely (with BLACKstreet)
10. Go Deep
11. What's It Gonna Be (with Busta Rhymes)
12. Doesn't Really Matter
13. All For You
14. Someone to Call My Lover
15. All Nite (Don't Stop)
16. Call on Me (with Nelly)
17. Feedback
18. Make Me

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

Still love Janet--even though her career seems more and more done with every day--I wish this was a studio album, Greatest hits in today's market is pointless ¬_¬

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I read she's expected to put out another album next year. I think this looks like a good set. Design of a Decade, while good because it contained single versions, was disappointing for not being able to include much from Janet. since that album was from a different label.

Chris B. said...

Last night, I dreamt Janet Jackson moved to D.C. to be closer to her friend Barack Obama. In the dream, when you learned this, you were very excited.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I would be excited! I'm sure we'd become great friends. I could do the "If" dance for her.