Thursday, April 30, 2009

UK Singles Chart, 5/2/2009

1. Number 1 - Tinchy Stryder featuring N-Dubz

I'm really late doing my UK chart analysis this week, but I was having fun looking for songs that had "number" themes, so I thought I'd at least post this. Tinchy Stryder hits #1 with his hit "Number 1." It marks the first time someone's gone to #1 with a "number 1." There have been three recent top 10 #1s, the highest being S Club 7's "Number One" which hit number 2, followed by the Tweenies "Number 1" that hit #5, and Goldfrapp's "Number 1" that hit Number 9. Quite a distance down you got Pharell & Kanye West's "Number One" which was quite the underachiever at #31.

Of course you got your numbers game overachievers too. Twice "Mambo No. 5" has gone to #1, first for Lou Bega and then for Bob the Builder. And Brian Adams' "Cloud #9" managed to hit #6.

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

and rather brilliantly the flip side of You're My Number One was Two In A Million :)

Cook In / Dine Out said...

At least they peaked at #2 and not #1,000,000.