Monday, April 13, 2009

New Music

Daniel Merriweather's first single, "Change," wasn't the monster hit I thought it would be. His second single "Red" will be out next month. It's a lovely song, although I'm not sure I like how he sounds on it. What do you think?



Calvin Harris's "I'm Not Alone" is the UK's #1 single this week. It's a great track--probably his best so far. I hope this goes on sale at iTunes in the US tomorrow (new music Tuesday!).



Kanye West's "Paranoid" is the third 808s and Heartbreak single and my favorite track from the album. Still no video yet though. Hopefully soon.



Speaking of third singles, here's Girls Aloud's "Untouchable" video. The single's gotten a slightly new mix, which I like. In particular, the long running time's been cut down to something more manageable.



Little Boots' first single since winning the BBC Sounds of 2009 is going to be "New in Town." It's a got a good '80s vibe to it. Not as good as "Stuck on Repeat," but still decent.



"Tiny Dancer" by Ironik Featuring Chipmunk and Elton John is a nice slice of hip-hop meets disco.

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i think that releasing Untouchable may have been a mistake on GAs part - not because it isn't brilliant (it is) but because it's not Girls Aloud enough to connect to the masses. it still hovers outside top 40. I know the physical release is still a couple of weeks away but compare that to Lily Allen's Not Fair which isn't out til May and it's looking grim :(

Little Boots i think will have a decent introductory sized hit with this then blow everyone (ie people who haven't heard it) away with SOR. Or i hope so anyway.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

We'll see about Untouchable, but given the state of the market, and the fact that "The Loving Kind" only made it to #10, I bet this will be their first single to not go top 10. "New in Town" is quickly growing on me, but I hope your prediction comes true, as I'd love SOR to be huge.