Sunday, December 02, 2007

Grammy prediction: Pop Album

Norah Jones - Not Too Late

Annie Lennox - Songs of Mass Destruction

Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black



This is a hard category to predict, but I'll give it my best. Since I put Norah Jones, Paul McCartney and Amy Winehouse in the general category, they have to appear here too. The other two slots I give to Annie Lennox, a respected veteran musician, and Maroon 5, who have a popular album that's scored some big hits this year. I was this close to including Timbaland though, for Shock Value, and I think Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad could have a shot too. Feist's The Reminder is a potential spoiler, and although it would probably fare better in a rock category, Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High was a popular album this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I defitinely think Britney Spears' BLACKOUT should be nominated. It is by far the best dance pop album of the year. They should give her a shot.