Sunday, December 02, 2007

Grammy prediction: Male Pop Performance w/Vocal

John Mayer - Belief

Paul McCartney - Dance Tonight

Mika - Grace Kelly

Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around...Comes Around

Elliott Yamin - Wait for You



John Mayer and Paul McCartney got it last year, and since they are Grammy faves, will get it again this year. Since I don't expect Justin Timberlake to get a record nod, he may be rewarded here. Elliott Yamin is a boring choice, but so was Daniel Powter last year. For my fifth slot, I'm going out on a limb with Mika's "Grace Kelly," which was well-liked but not a major US hit (it was abroad however, so I suspect industry folks know it well). Other possible choices include Rufus Wainwright's "Going to a Town," but this category is generally not that edgy, or Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls," but contemporary R&B pop rarely shows up here. More traditional R&B like John Legend is another story though, so his "PDA (We Just Don't Care)" could score a nod. I doubt Seal's "Amazing" is in contention, but this category does lean adult pop, so it's possible. Same for James Blunt, who got a nod last year for mega-hit "You're Beautiful," but I doubt it will happen for minor-hit "1973."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have listened to many singers and voices and know what is unique. My choice would be for Elliott Yamin . His voice has energy and great tone, a style that is intricate and contemporary yet soulful. Elliott is for the listener who gets bored with a song quickly .Eliott's complex arrangements stay fresh to the ears no matter how many times you listen to his songs.That to me is rare.