Friday, November 13, 2009

UK Chart Battles

The British singles and albums charts are showing major battles this week. On the singles chart, Leona Lewis' "Happy" faces off with Black Eyed Peas' "Meet Me Halfway." Early in the week Lewis was leading, but today BEP pushed ahead. On the albums chart, Robbie Williams' eighth album, Reality Killed the Video Star, faces JLS's debut. Similarly, Robbie was leading early in the week, but now JLS is selling stronger. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm rooting for Leona and Robbie, but given the trend through the week, I'm likely to be disappointed.

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

Poor Leona! I just wanna hug her if she gets #2 instead of #1, with sales of under 100,000.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

How nice. I want to hug her too. How about that jerk that punched her in the face? I'm really surprised "Happy" isn't a clear runaway #1 and I'm disappointed the reception in the US was so cold.

Ken said...

She needs promotion in the US. I'm gonna be in utter disappointment if she will be #2 this week.

rcLoy said...

OMFG! BEP again? No! *grunts*
I wanna hug Leona too, #1 or #2~
The song deserve so much better even though it's not an instant faves like Bleeding Love.