Friday, November 27, 2009

December New Releases

After the massive month of November, December calms down a bit. But there's still some big name stuff coming.

Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom (Dec. 14). Alicia Keys, one of this decade's most successful R&B singers, releases her fourth album. It features first single "Doesn't Mean Anything," new single "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" and "Empire State of Mind Part 2" (with Jay-Z).

Timbaland - Shock Value 2 (Dec.7/8). After some delays, it looks like this is a go. Features first single "Morning After Dark" with Nelly Furtado and SoShy. Previous Timbaland collaborators making an appearance include Justin Timberlake, OneRepublic, and Keri Hilson. Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Jet, JoJo, Daughtry and Drake also make appearances.

Charlotte Gainsbourg - IRM (Dec. 7). The French pop singer and daughter of Serge Gainsbourg, who collaborated with Air for her last album, teams up this time with Beck. Features first single "Heaven Can Wait" (with Beck).

Mary J. Blige - Stronger with Each Tear (Dec. 16). The renowned R&B singer puts forth her ninth album.

Lil Wayne - Rebirth (Dec. 21). Original due out in April, the 7th album from Lil Wayne, reportedly his first forray into rock, will finally come out. Word is that there is rap here, but it is mostly rock. Includes single "Prom Queen" and "Hot Revolver."

Chris Brown - Graffiti (Dec. 8). Chris Brown puts out his third album, featuring first single "I Can Transform Ya." Without judging the music, I think it's too soon for him to be putting out an album.

The Bravery - Stir the Blood (Dec. 1). The New York band puts out its third album. I'm really enjoying first single, "I Am Your Skin."

30 Seconds to Mars - This Is War (Dec.8). American rock band releases its third album; includes first single "Kings and Queens."

R. Kelly - Untitled (Dec. 1). The oft-troubled American R&B singer releases his ninth album. First single "Number One" (feat. Keri Hilson) got nowhere near as high on the charts as its name guessed it would.

5 comments:

J.Mensah said...

I can't wait for Alicia Keys' album even if her last album sucked. I'm gonna cut myself if Chris Brown's album is anywhere near a "success"

Cook In / Dine Out said...

It's not a must for me. I'll see what kind of reviews she gets. I do like "Doesn't Mean Anything."

I don't think his album will do well. I'm curious though who's buying "I Can Transform Ya." Enough people are doing so for it to chart in the 20s (in both US and UK).

Myfizzypop said...

not much out of note in December then for me :( Still lots of one off christmas songs coming which is great!!

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I'm looking forward to that too. I know Pet Shop Boys have something (I wonder where I would have heard about that?!), I assume The Killers will. Who else?

Myfizzypop said...

there's the Glee single, Killers definitely have one, George Michael has one, i heard Magnus Carlsson has a few coming out... very exciting :)