Thursday, August 27, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, September 5, 2009

Pretty static week. No new entries in the top 10, where 6 of the tracks hold the same position from last week.

1. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

It's 9 weeks at #1 for Black Eyed Peas, extending the act's consecutive weeks in the top spot to 21. Oh yeah, and it's STILL bulleted. This may spend longer at #1 than "Boom Boom Pow." Wouldn't that be something?

2. Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus

Holding her ground at #2 for a second week is Miley Cyrus. Surprising that this single didn't fall off, but she's still #1 at iTunes, and the single is top 20 at top 40 radio now.

3. Down - Jay Sean Featuring Lil Wayne

Jay Sean climbs four spots to #3 and is this week's airplay gainer. It emerges now as a challenger for #1, although I doubt it will be as soon as next week.

20. Big Green Tractor - Jason Aldeen

Even the top 20 is pretty static, with this country single--up one place--the only new entry in the top 20.

24. Whatcha Say - Jason DeRulo

Here's something new. Jason DeRule jumps 30 spots to #24, scoring his first top 40 hit. The track has been around at top 40 radio for quite awhile, but is finally gaining some major traction. The highly processed vocal reminds me of that Imogen Heap track that was popular recently.

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

viva Miley! That song is insanely catchy and you just reminded me that I missed it off my Sept playlist I just blogged. Grrr :P Oh well! And Whitney's back at 99!!

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I hope "Million Dollar Bill" catches on. I'm really enjoying it.