Thursday, July 02, 2009

Whitney Houston's new single

"I Didn't Know My Own Strength" is out and about now. Here's a link, but it might not last long (just search for it on YouTube). My initial reaction is that it's a bit disappointing. While Whitney sounds good, and the instrumentation is appropriately lush, the song seriously lacks a good hook. The lyric "I didn't know my own strength" is too much of a mouthful to make a good chorus. Hopefully, there's a big upbeat pop song waiting around the corner.

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i honestly don't know what to make of it. I sort of like it but am sort of incredibly disappointed by it. i shall be listening several more times today to let it "bed in" with me...

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Yes! That's exactly how I feel. I need to listen more too.