Sunday, July 26, 2009

Whitney Houston "I Look to You"

After the poor reception of "I Didn't Know My Own Strength," rumors have been circulating about what the first I Look to You single will be. While it's been suggested that it could be upbeat "Million Dollar Bill" or "Call You Tonight," rap up is reporting it will be the R. Kelly-penned title track.

Interesting choice. For a Whitney Houston ballad, "I Look to You," is rather understated, with no final act key change or soaring orchestra flourish (there's a little flourish, but not like she's done in the past). I guess this is a better choice than "I Didn't Know My Own Strength," but I'm still looking forward to hearing "Million Dollar Bill," which sounds like a great song.

2 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

i'm fully on board for the album. Heck i even loved her last album. Whitney is so ingrained in my love of music that i don't really care what she comes out with. Much. I mean if it's godawful then i might have something to say :P But i think the album will be decent enough, though not amazing. but that's enough for a die hard like me :)

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I didn't like Just Whitney, but in general I do really love Whitney Houston. The listening parties have been a great idea for generating buzz.