Sunday, March 22, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 3/28/2009

1. Right Round - Flo Rida Featuring Ke#ha
5. My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson

Flo Rida leads the Hot 100 for a fifth week. It's another rather uneventful week, which finds the same 10 songs in the top 10 as last week. The biggest move within the top 10 is Kelly Clarkson, up four spots to #5. After hitting #1 awhile back, the single had been slowly sinking as its initial sales surge wore off. It's airplay has been steadily gaining though, and the album release likely gave her a good boost this week. Still, with Flo Rida doing so well, and T.I. and Lady Gaga the closest challengers, I don't expect a return to #1 for Kelly.

11. Here Comes Goodbye - Rascal Flatts

Outside the top 10, much of the action this week comes from country music. The biggest debut within the top 40 comes rom Rascal Flatts' "Here Comes Goodbye," the first single from their forthcoming sixth album, which moves up 65 places to land just outside the top 10. While Rascal Flatts has been a big force in country music this decade, they're also known to pop audiences for their remakes of "What Hurts the Most" and "Life Is a Highway."

21. Home Sweet Home - Carrie Underwood

The highest debut on the Hot 100 comes from country star and American Idol winner Carrie Underwood. Underwood recorded this year's American Idol send-off song, a remake of the Motley Crue classic. This is Underwood's 11th top 40 hit.

35. If U Seek Amy - Britney Spears

Britney Spears' controversial third Circus single debuts in the top 40 this week, up 18 spots. It's been edited to "If U See Amy" for radio, which kind of spoils the joke, but at least gets it play. So far only the original naughty version is available at iTunes. This is Britney's 16th top 40 hit.

40. You're Not Sorry - Taylor Swift

Finally, Taylor Swift's "You're Not Sorry" returns to the top 40 this week. The single initially peaked at #11 when it was released as one of the promotional pre-release tracks for Fearless. It returns to the top 40 this week in a new form--a pop remix heard recently on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

I can't wait for the new Rascal Flatts album!

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Are you kidding me? You like Rascal Flatts? (I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just surprised.)

J.Mensah said...

LOL why so surprised. I literally played the sh... out of "Me & My Gang" yo! :)

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I didn't know you liked country. I'm not a country fan myself, but if you like them, perhaps I should give Rascal a chance.