Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Best albums of the year so far

The year is half over now, amazingly. There have been a few good albums released so far this year, although nothing I'd rate as a 5-star classic. Here's the best of what I've reviewed....

Pop
1. Little Boots - Hands
2. Pet Shop Boys - Yes
3. Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
4. Agnes - Dance Love Pop
5. Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Rock/Indie
1. U2 - No Line on the Horizon
2. Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
3. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
4. Doves - Kingdom of Rust
5. Passion Pit - Manners

5 comments:

Yuяi said...

Great pop list. I'm glad you are giving Agnes some press, as it's a fantastic album.

J.Mensah said...

the 4/5 rating on Kelly Clarkson from you was really surprising. I would've thought you would have placed it higher.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Yuri - Thanks! Yeah, I was really impressed with the Agnes album. I'm looking forward to reviewing La Roux soon (I see you're a fan).

J. - I thought the album was good, but not brilliant. It felt very "by-the-numbers."

Matt said...

Yay for Grizzly Bear, can't say i've given the rest much of a chance, though i'm still very interested in Passion Pit.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I'm listening to La Roux, Moby, and Wilco at the moment and enjoying all of them.