Thursday, July 09, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, July 18, 2009

1. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
2. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas

The Black Eyed Peas rule the top 2 for the fourth week in a row. "I Gotta Feeling" remains on top for a second week. A friend of mine recently declared this the best pop song released within the last 8 years. I don't know if it's that good, but I think I'm enjoying it more than "Boom Boom Pow" at this point.

9. You Belong with Me - Taylor Swift

"You Belong with Me" enters the top 10, becoming Swift's fourth top 10 hit. Her last and biggest top 10 hit was "Love Story," which peaked at #4. I'm really into the song right now and its cute cute cute video.

12. Falling for You - Colbie Caillat

Just when you thought you'd never hear from her again, Colbie Caillat makes a rather impressive Hot 100 debut at #12 with "Falling for You." I haven't heard this yet, but I really wasn't interested in "Bubbly" or "Realize," so my expectations are quite low.

37. 21 Guns - Green Day

Green Day scores their fifth top 40 hit with "21 Guns," the second 21st Century Breakdown single. It follows "Know Your Enemy," which hit #28.

Not a a particularly exciting Hot 100 this week. If only those Michael Jackson songs had been allowed to chart...

3 comments:

John said...

I'm loving the Ting Tings re-entry of "That's Not My Name". Justice!

Cook In / Dine Out said...

It's funny to see this song on the charts...more than a year after it was a UK #1.

Chris Baker said...

Zzzzzz.