Monday, May 31, 2010

Introducing: Janelle Monáe

I was hosting my mom this weekend, so I didn't have time to review a new album, a 1990 album (Madonna is up next) or analyze the British singles chart. I did, however, have time to start listening to the fantastic debut album from Janelle Monáe. Fans of R&B and genre-hopping take note: this is a real feast for the ears. Her album, The ArchAndroid, is an amazing blend of R&B, pop, old school soul, hip-hop, classical and progressive rock. Throw is a science fiction-inspired storyline, and you have a real concept album of album. I'll do a review in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

J.Mensah said...

R&B, pop, old school soul, hip-hop, classical and progressive rock, really? It's like everything I've ever liked about music put into an album. I have to check it out.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

You really do. I think you'd like it.