Thursday, April 08, 2010

Billboard Hot 100, April 17, 2010

1. Rude Boy - Rihanna
2. Nothin' on You - B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars
3. Hey, Soul Sister - Train

There's little change in the top 10 this week. Rihanna's "Rude Boy" leads the list for a fourth week. Once again, it's the airplay gainer, which it's been for quite a few weeks now (not keeping track of that). The song is really holding on there. I expected B.o.B. and Bruno Mars to hit #1 by now. Train is clearly in the running too.

9. In My Head - Jason DeRulo

it's a static top 8 this week, and the only movement into the top 10 is Jason DeRulo's "In My Head," which FINALLY enters the top 10 at #9 in its 17th week on the chart. Anyone want to celebrate a Ke$ha-less top 10 this week?

14. OMG - Usher feat. Will.I.Am

Usher and Will.I.Am debut at #14 with "OMG," ending the curse of the Raymond v. Raymond singles that tried but failed to become hits. It's his highest-charting single since "Love in This Club" hit #1 in 2008.

16. When I Look at You - Miley Cyrus

Radio has taken a pass on this, but the sales continue to prop up Miley Cyrus's "When I Look at You," which climbs 9 spots to #16 as this week's Digital Gainer.

32. Your Love Is My Drug - Ke$ha

Ke$ha scores her fourth top 40 hit as "Your Love Is My Drug" climbs 25 spots to #32. I have a feeling this one will do better at radio than "Blah Blah Blah," which missed the top 10.

4 comments:

Myfizzypop said...

GAH! I am so out of touch with the charts! how ridiculous :P Luckily I catch up here, but I don't know half the songs! Rude Boy has grown on me a lot though!!

rcLoy said...

I'm all for Nothin' on You - B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars and Train for #1! That Train song has grown on me greatly. BTW, I am all for the Ke$ha-less top 10 party! I am invited right? LOL

John said...

I'm with ya on Ke$ha, for sure, but I fear it won't be for long. I am long past Train, and "In My Head" is stuck in my head all over again after this week's Idol appearance. I think it's going to be Top 3 next week.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Top 3? We'll see. It needs a good sales boost to get there.