Monday, January 12, 2009

Here and There

Spin magazine calls Franz Ferdinand's new album Tonight: Franz Ferdinand the band's "boldest attempt at a full-on disco record." That sounds great.

I ordered an Australian copy of Empire of the Sun's debut, Walking on Dream, mostly because I think the cover is cool and I'd rather have a physical than a digital copy of this one.

Billboard
reported Friday that Kelly Clarkson's new album will be called "All I Ever Wanted."

J. Mensah's Billboard Files uncovered that Britney's next single will be "If You Seek Amy." C'mon radio--I dare you to play this. He's also doing a complete Britney retrospective, which is a great idea.

Reading John's Pop Music Notes, I just discovered a cool Danish band called Private. They have a nice mid '80s sound, sometimes a bit like Prince. Here's "My Secret Lover"

1 comment:

J.Mensah said...

Aww! thanks for the shoutout! lol apparently (According to britney's main fan site) the song is causing problems for radio already lol

http://breatheheavy.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231772950&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&