Sunday, February 19, 2006

May I Introduce: Natasha Bedingfield




So, it struck me this week that Natasha Bedingfield needs more exposure, so at least I can do my part to give her some. She's got a top 10 hit this week, "Unwritten," her second US top 40 single, but I feel like there's a surprising absence of attention to her from the media. So here goes. Click to read more.

Bedingfield is 24, and like her brother Daniel, born in New Zealand, but raised in London. Her career launched phenominally well in Britain in 2004 (partly because her big brother Daniel was already a big star there, but also on her own merits). First up was a top 10 hit, "Single," followed by a #1 smash, "These Words," and 2 more top 20 hits, "Unwritten" and "I Bruise Easily." Her album, Unwritten, debuted at #1 upon its release in the fall of 2004.

Her sound is very pop, but with some R&B sensibility and production edge. Kinda like Pink's second album-- a good blend of stuff that falls comfortably into "pop," while bringing in various influences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also bruise easily.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That really stings, R. You've hurt my fragile ego. It bruises easily.