Monday, September 13, 2010

New Albums This Week

I'm going to go broke. Last week there were three new albums I really wanted--Robyn's Body Talk Pt2, which I raved about over the weekend; Hurts' Happiness, which is also quite decent (listening to it right now, in fact); and Interpol, which I'm still not sure how I'm going to rate it.

This week doesn't get any better: there are five albums I'm interested in!

Leading the pack is Brandon Flowers' solo debut, which I haven't heard yet, but is getting ringing endorsements from J. Mensah, Paul, although the music press seems to be giving it middling reviews.

Then there's Chromeo's third album, Business Casual. I haven't heard any of their albums before, but their style of '80s-leaning synth pop is the kind of thing I often enjoy, so I'm planning on giving this a try. Spin gives it 7/10 and EW a B, which is pretty good.

Linkin Park release their fourth album, A Thousand Suns, which I reviewed over the weekend, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, since I haven't been a fan of theirs before.

Of Montreal puts out their 10th album, False Priest. Here's another band I haven't listened to much (really at all), but this intrigues me. I downloaded the single "Coquet Coquette," which is good. NME gave this 7/10.

Finally, Weezer puts out their eighth album, Hurley, which I wasn't really interested in until I just listened to it at MySpace and thought it wasn't bad.

5 comments:

rcLoy said...

I heard of Montreal these past few days too, that Coquet Coquette song is kinda catchy and that video is just, one of a kind :S

Cook In / Dine Out said...

It is a weird video. How many people are in this band?

rcLoy said...

I have no idea but a quick wiki shows they are 5. Psychedelic pop. Sounds interesting.

J.Mensah said...

You've been missig out, Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park is a muthaphukking beast of a rock album. Speaking of albums--I wanna try to get every album in your top 100 of the decade list.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Hybrid Theory was a huge hit, the #1 album of 2001 in the US, although not really on the pop chart until "In the End" became a hit in early 2002. That's a lot of albums, J.