Thursday, September 09, 2010

LFO's Rich Cronin Dies

Rich Cronin of LFO passed away yesterday, a victim of Leukemia. LFO rode the late '90s boyband bandwagon to big success in 1999, scoring top 10 hits with "Summer Girls" (#3) and "Girl on TV" (#10). The former was a minor cultural phenomenon, thanks to Rich's lyrics, which were quite goofy, but also (importantly) quite catchy:

"New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits. Chinese food makes me sick. I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer (for the summer). I like girls who wear Abercrombie & Fitch. I'd take her if I had one wish. She's been gone since that summer, that summer"

And that's just the chorus. The verses have lots of goodies, including more references to Abercrombie & Fitch (a brand I happily wore back then, but am apparently way too old for now).

No comments: