Thursday, February 26, 2009

Billboard.com problems

Something is terribly wrong with the Billboard.com Web site. Several times while I've accessed it over the last week, I've gotten warnings that known attack sites are trying to access my computer. And today, while I was browsing the Hot 100, I got transferred to one of those phony Web sites that claims to scan your computer for viruses and spyware, sent there without clicking a thing. Billboard needs to look into this ASAP. Until they get their act together, I recommend learning about the Hot 100 and other charts from third party sources, such as Haven or Chartfreaks.

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

Billboard.com works fine on my laptop... do this occur on other websites too?

Cook In / Dine Out said...

No, just Billboard.com. I did a Google search and found that other people are having similar issues. What browser do you use? I'm on Firefox. I just wrote the Billboard.com editors about it. If I hear anything, I'll post it.

J.Mensah said...

I use Apple Safari :)

Cook In / Dine Out said...

Nobody from Billboard.com responded to my email about this problem, which is rather annoying.