Monday, December 01, 2008

Take That "The Circus" great album cuts

Like Kanye West's "Paranoid" post last week, I found an album cut on the new Take That album that I already love and must share. It's the title track "The Circus." It's a gloriously old fashioned pop ballad--like something from the '70s. The lyrics are okay, but the melody is stunning. Sad and lovely.



Totally different, but also really good is "How Did It Come to This," which has a similar cadence to the new Coke/Walmart commercial airing before movies right now. There's no YouTube posting of that yet or I'd share it too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree this sounds like something from the '70s. I didn't like it when I heard it last night, so I played it again a few moments ago and didn't dislike it quite as much. Will this be one of those ADH favorites that end up growing on me?

Cook In / Dine Out said...

If it is, I won't tell anyone. I wouldn't want anyone to think you like Take That.