Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Kelly Clarkson on MTV Leak


MTV's leaked Kelly Clarkson's new album, My December. Check it out http://www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/kelly_clarkson/my_december/.
I chatted with the Washington Post's music critic today. He said he thinks Kelly's troubled:
Me: Have you heard the new Kelly Clarkson album yet? What are you expecting? The press around it seems...strange. The whole Clive Davis doesn't like it thing seemed contrived. She's apparently fired her publicist and has been speaking her mind in the press. "Never Again" under-performed on the charts. What do you make of all this?

J. Freedom du Lac: Actually, she fired her manager. And then cancelled her tour, apparently due to soft ticket sales. Things are a mess in her world. I honestly don't think the head-butting duel with Clive is make-believe. I think there's a there there. I mean, Clive Davis would never do anything to make himself look bad.

As for the album: Kelly's publicist -- a high-powered flack whose clients include folks like McCartney and Faith Hill --just informed me that I won't be able to hear it until either the day before release, or the day of release. Of course, he assumes that I won't just go here to hear it:
www.mtv.com/music/the_leak/

1 comment:

Robin said...

I have the album, it's not that great.

Poor Kelly.