Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Glee "Rumour Has It"/"Someone Like You"

Like a lot of people, I haven't been as into the third season of Glee as I was in the past. The storytelling has been really messy, I'm tired of Sue (sorry Jane, I still love you), and I felt like the show was straying too far from what made it great...a delightful balance of true-to-life teenage stories and larger-than-life theatrics. That new Irish kid? I don't think he's needed. That Quinn wants to get her baby back story? Ridiculous. That Jane v. Burt for Congress story? That's absolutely ridiculous and completely implausible. Hopefully it will wrap up soon, although in real life, the election isn't for another year.

Nonetheless, I've been impressed with the last two episodes--the one where Blaine/Kurt and Rachel/Finn contemplate having sex for the first time, and this week's annual mash-up episode. I thought both were handled well, and the latter finally gave this season a truly worthwhile musical moment.

2 comments:

rcLoy said...

This mash is pretty genius. LOVE IT SO MUCH.
I am still in love with Blaine's It's Not Unusual.

Cook In / Dine Out said...

I like Blaine (of course), but that didn't stand out to me.