Monday, February 01, 2010

Leona Lewis - I See You (from "Avatar")

With Leona Lewis's sophomore album a flop in the US, I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger attempt to push her Avatar theme song, "I See You." It's not a bad song, the video nicely mixes footage of her with the film, and everything Avatar touches is turning to gold--it is poised to become the highest grossing film of all time in the US this week, having already achieved that feat worldwide. Perhaps if it gets an Oscar nomination tomorrow, we'll start seeing it more.

2 comments:

Mark said...

"I See You" is an interesting one...I think it's quite innovative as a record as essentially it's a tuneless wail. I don't mean that in a wholly bad way either. There's very little melody, but somehow it all works once you've seen the movie (which is handy seeing that half the world has seen the movie).

Her record company seems to be in panicked stasis after Happy and are therefore doing, well, nothing. They should be releasing this as a big comeback single in the US (in particular) and UK...

Myfizzypop said...

Poor Leona - blame it on the right singles so far but in the wrong order. I don't like I See You at all, but perhaps a double AA side single in England could help her cause maybe?