Thursday, October 30, 2008

Billboard Hot 100, 11/8/2008

1. Whatever You Want - T.I.
2. Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna

T.I. continues to dominate the Hot 100, holding the top 2 spots for a second week--third week in the last month. I'm really surprised that the single at #3 wasn't #1 this week.

3. If I Were a Boy - Beyonce

Beyonce makes a big jump up 65 spots this week. The dramatic leap is owed to "If I Were a Boy" going on sale at iTunes last week. It is the first single from her upcoming album I Am...Sasha Fierce, a two-disc set. "Boy" comes from disc 1, the more downtempo personal music. Beyonce's also put a single from the second disc--the upbeat "Sasha Fierce" set--called "Single Ladies," but it's only available on iTunes as a video for the moment. That Beyonce couldn't replicate Britney's recent feat and launch this up to #1 is a bit disappointing. Still, this is Beyonce's 10th top 5 hit, of which 3 have hit #4, 3 have hit #3 and 4 have gone all the way to #1.

24. Spotlight - Jennifer Hudson

"Spotlight" was recently a #11 hit in the UK, but hasn't really taken off in the US. This week its up four places, some sales no doubt in sympathy for the singer's unbelievable recent tragedy.

? High School Musical 3. The soundtrack to HSM3 went on sale this week, but unlike with the previous albums, fans don't appear to be "cherry picking" any tracks enough to launch them into the top 40.

4 comments:

J.Mensah said...

have u taken a liking to T.I.'s "whatever u like" yet?

Cook In / Dine Out said...

No, but I like the other one with Rihanna. I think it's better. How you do feel about "Whatever You Like?"

Cook In / Dine Out said...

No, but I like the other one with Rihanna. I think it's better. How you do feel about "Whatever You Like?"

J.Mensah said...

it had to grow me, but i actually really do like it but ur write, "live ur life" is better