Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Singles roundup

What I am listening to...



Supernatural Superserious - R.E.M. They're back! Guitars up full, this is a rocking return.



Can't Speak French - Girls Aloud. For the Tangled Up single they chose one of my favorites.



Touch My Body - Mariah Carey. Dumb title aside, this breezy piano and beats single finds Carey at her best. Should be a massive hit, keeping up the post-Mimi fervor.



No Air - Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown. Jordin's last single, thin-sounding "Tattoo," didn't wow me, but I've grown to like this atmospheric and tuneful follow-up.



Better in Time - Leona Lewis. Leona's second single. No "Bleeding Love," but not bad. The mid-tempo track keeps up the adult-leaning mid-'90s Mariah Carey sound she's pushing.



See You Again - Miley Cyrus. I decided I had to see what all the fuss is about. Not wonderful, but not bad. Her voice sounds like Hilary Duff sent through the reverb machine a few more times.





What I'm not...



Denial - Sugababes. The Change singles have not been doing it for me. "About You Now" was okay, but no "Push the Button." "Change" was uninspiring. Now we have "Denial," which I just can't get behind. Sorry girls.

No comments: