Sunday, January 13, 2008

What I am (and therefore you should be) listening to

Work (Freemasons Remix) - Kelly Rowland. The Freemasons, who worked their magic last year on several Beyonce tracks, try their had at another of Destiny's Child's kin, turning Kelly's "Work" into a stomping, disco-flavored workout. Fantastic.

Clumsy - Fergie. The hits keep coming off Fergie's solo debut, The Dutchess. This--its fifth--was great fun when she performed it live on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve.

Elvis Ain't Dead - Scouting for Girls. This upbeat British band didn't impress me with their last single, "She's So Lovely," but I love this. It reminds me of The Feeling, who are about to release their second album, so this whetted my appetite.

Moving to New York - The Wombats. The Wombats are a three-piece inide band from Liverpool, and "Moving to New York" is a fun, upbeat rock track, rough and rugged around the edges.

Be Mine! - Robyn. Robyn picked the best single from her album for this release. "Be Mine" is a fanstatic slice of polished Swedish pop, backed with beats, bleeps and strings.

Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna. Rihanna is on a roll with Good Girl Gone Bad, and this clubby hit is its best single yet.

Jigsaw Falling Into Place - Radiohead. I guess this is the "single" from In Rainbows. At first I thought it was an odd choice, but it's a great song.

Piece of Me - Britney Spears. At first I didn't care for this, but I've come around to it. Better than "Gimme More."

Feedback - Janet Jackson. I'm hopeful Janet's new album will be good, and its first single "Feedback" is already way better than anything she released from her last flop of an album. Maybe ditching Jam & Lewis was what she needed.

No comments: