Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Best Albums of 2015


June 2016 edit: Since writing this list in December, I've fall hard for the Hamilton musical, which was released last year, but I didn't discover it until April. It's clearly my favorite album of the year, if not the decade so far, so I amended the list. I made a couple of other changes as well.
  1. Hamilton: An American Musical - Original Broadway Cast
  2. Adele - 25
  3. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color
  4. Carly Rae Jepsen - E-mo-tion
  5. Tame Impala - Currents
  6. The Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness
  7. Natalie Prass
  8. Kamasi Washington - The Epic
  9. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
  10. Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon
  11. Jamie XX - In Colour
  12. Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
  13. Leon Bridges - Coming Home
  14. Madonna - Rebel Heart
  15. Father John Misty - I Love You Honeybear
  16. Years & Years - Communion
  17. Twenty One Pilots - Blurryface
  18. New Order - Music Complete
  19. Janet Jackson - Unbreakable
  20. Donnie Trumpet& the Social Experiment - Surf
  21. Kelela -Hallucinogen
  22. Fifty Shades of Grey - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
  23. Courtney Barnett - Something I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
  24. One Direction - Made in the A.M.
  25. Mumford & Sons - Wilder Mind

No comments: